Friday, January 28, 2011

Ellora Who Would Not Sleep

Well, Ellora finally officially learned how to climb out of her bed. She has been sleeping in a playpen most of her life because we couldn't get a crib up here. Normally we would mover her to a big girl be at this point but there isn't enough room in the girls room to put another bed and I don't want to move Ellora to the other bed room for a few reasons: it gets too cold in their, we would have to retrain the girls on sharing a room at night and we only have 2 more months here. So...we are dealing. Yesterday, when Ellora was supposed to be taking a nap, I heard a lot of comotion coming from the bedroom. So I went to check on her. I opened the door to find her emptying the contents of the toy box, one toy at a time, into her bed. So I did the only sensible thing to do; I closed the door and walked away. A few minuted later, all was quiet and I thought maybe she had fallen asleep on the floor like she had the last couple of days. I couldn't help but laugh when I walked in to find her sitting quietly in the corner of her playpen up to her shoulders in toys and blankets. She just grinned up at me.

We cleaned up the toys and moved them into the other room. Then I put her back to bed.

1 comment: