Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas near the North Pole

I have been putting off posting about Christmas because it can be so fusrtating and stressful uploading pictures with our slow internet but I didn't have anything else to do this morning so I will finally get going on it.

We had a very enjoyable and relaxing Christmas with power in heat and everything! Everyone was so good to us and the girls. We got several packages from family and many friends from the school sent Tom home with gifts for the girls. Santa came to visit our house too, despite the wind. I wouldn't think he would miss us as we are so close to the North Pole.

Here are the girls in there new jammies on Christmas eve.



Chalyse got a castle doll house from Santa. Her favorite part is the magical trap door that is operated with a magic (magnetic) wand. She also loves the baby and baby accessories that came with the castle.


Ellora got a playhouse (kind of). It is just a door and one wall but it has tons of activities and parts to explore and plays lots of fun songs. Ellora loves music and dancing. She will start a song, then she will climb on the step stool that is on one side of the house and bounce up and down to the beat.



We also talked with our families and made a yummy "traditional" Christmas dinner; ham and yummy potatoes.

The girls got bath tub finger paint soaps and bath tub markers in their stockings. They love them. I wouldn't recommend the finger paints, though. The are a little too messy. Even when I only give them a little I end up needing to drain the tub then turn on the shower to get of all the bubbles. It irritates Ellora's skin a little and she also tries to eat it. The markers are fun but Ellora has a little bit of a hard time getting them to write because you have to push a little hard. I was happy that they didn't get ruined even after being submerged.



We were sad to have not been closer to family but we enjoyed our time together. Tom got just over two weeks off. We spent a lot of time playing games and watching the girls new Disney movies that Santa brought. I got Tom ticket to ride (our new favorite game) and he got me battle of the sexes, a fun trivia game with questions that are stereotypical for the opposite gender. It has been nice to spend so much time just doing what we want to do. If you are ever looking for a relaxing vacation, just stay home. :)

1 comment:

  1. Such cute pictures!! Those are adorable jammies...where did you get them?!? I so agree with you about staying home...I think that is my favorite thing to do...and I LOVE to play games!! Those are such cute toys! Oh how I miss your girls!!

    ReplyDelete