Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Baby # 3

Three of my favorite people are expecting. My sister Daurie is due mid April with a girl, my good friend Andrea is also having a girl mid May and my sister-in-law Cathy is due mid July.

AND I am due to have our third baby May 31st.


We had an ultra sound before we left Utah even though I was only 13 weeks along. They told us that they wouldn't be able to tell us the gender but during the ultra sound the technician suddenly said "Oh, do you want me to tell you what I think you are having." She didn't have to say we both could tell right away. She said it was not 100% certain but we were pretty sure before we went in anyway. We even had a name picked out. I had never particular loved this name but as soon as I became pregnant I couldn't think of any other names. I even researched it and found out that it was on the top 100 names list for 2010 and since I don't want my baby to have a common name I tried to talk myself out of it or at least consider other names but to no avail. Then I told Chalyse ONCE what we were thinking of naming the baby and she has been calling "him" baby Owen ever since.

So far things seem to be going well with baby Owen. I have been really sick the past few months but am slowly feeling better and better and this is finally feeling like my other pregnancies second trimester. The baby seems to be growing on schedule and has been moving a lot. I am returning to Utah with the girls in a couple months to wait out the rest of the pregnancy where I can be close to family and the hospital. Tom finishes school May 18th so everything should work out just fine as long as this baby doesn't come early.  

5 comments:

  1. That is so exciting! Congrats to both of you and a little boy, that is going to be fun! Love the name too! Let me know when you get into town and Leah and I will come see you guys! Take care until then :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopped in to see what you guys have been up to in the frozen north and lo and behold, there's a baby on the way! Congratulations! It's always fascinating to see what your life is like up there, but all that dark and snow would have me headed to the funny farm in a straitjacket. The girls are gorgeous!

    Kim Nelson

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so exciting! Boys are so fun! I love the name as well. PS you are looking great! You have not had 2 1/2 kids already!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys. I love the name Owen and have the same feeling about it being one of the most popular names, but I don't care. It is adorable!

    ReplyDelete