Thursday, March 24, 2011

Settling In

Our flights back to Utah went well. We stopped in Seattle for a few hours on Tuesday and spent the day with our friends Andrea and Danny and their little boy Brixton. Tom was in Utah for only 3 short days before heading back on his two day journey to the village. He made it back safe and is keeping busy with teaching, life guarding and a little more packing.

The girls and I are doing well and starting feel settled into our apartment. We are still missing a few boxes, mostly just toys but hopefully they get here soon. Like usual we are sick after traveling. We got the virus that has been going around. The cough and fever that wont seem to go away. Chalyse got it first and I think that Ellora and I are just at the beginning so it hasn't hit us too hard yet. Luckily Chalyse is usually a good sport about being sick and we haven't lost too much more sleep than usual.

My mom threw my sister Daurie and me a baby shower on Tuesday because we are both having a new gender than what we had before. It was a lot of fun and between that and trading baby clothes with Daurie I think I am almost ready for the baby. I had an other ultra sound on Monday and everything looks great. I did fail my glucose test though. It's not a big deal. I was just a little too high so I have to go back in for the 2 hour test.

Now that we are away from the isolation of the village we are planning to start a new blog for close friend and family to read. We plan to keep posting on this blog but for the more personal stories we would like to go private. Let us know if you would like to be invited to read and don't get an email from us in the next week or two.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on the glucose test! Now all you guys need to do is start looking for jobs out here!! There are plenty to be had! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that this has nothing to do with the post, but I did not know how else to get to you. The phone numbers that I have are not working. We just received an internal email with job postings in Alpine and two social studies came up:


    Vista Heights Middle School – Social Studies; full time contract
    East Shore High – Social Studies; full time contract (East Shore is the alternative high school and the instruction would be more of a tutoring type structure for the kids making up credit. I have talked to teachers who love it.)

    I hope this gets to you and it helps. Congrats on the new one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to have you home...now we just need to get Tom home, get your little one here safely, and get a job!!!

    ReplyDelete