Monday, January 25, 2010

Wolverine Tracks?

So, we have had really sick girls the last few days. They have had really bad coughs and running low to moderate fevers. I am really worried about RSV or pneumonia. Although, so far they haven't had too much trouble breathing, thank goodness. Chalyse seems to be getting better but when she had pneumonia in the summer she had just had a little cold with a small cough and seemed to be over it when it all of the sudden hit her really hard. I was going to take them both to the clinic today, but it didn't work out for a few reasons. A neighbor said he could take us there during his lunch in the company truck if we wanted him to. I told him we would see how they were doing then, but that it might be a good idea. Tom suggested if it wasn't too cold to walk them over in the morning because there would be less of a wait and fewer people there to give the girls some other sickness. Well, the girls slept in (which was good because they were up a lot during the night) and it took me a while to get everything done that I needed to, like baths and breakfast. Also, it was only about 0 degrees. Not terribly cold but still cold. Our neighbor didn't even go to work until after lunch but by the time we were ready to go Chalyse was ready for a nap anyway so it was probably best we didn't try to go. They are both sleeping now so I will just watch them closely and hopefully we are past the worst.

In other news:
Ellora is mobile! She is rolling and scooting and can get around pretty well.

Mandy cut my hair. She just trimmed and thinned it in the back a little and gave me bangs. I really like it.




I gave Ellora a little trim last week because it was looking pretty straggly and looked funny coming out the back of her helmet.










We found some tracks just outside our window that look like arctic fox or wolverine. We see a lot of tracks around our apartment including rabbit, raven and some that looked like caribou. No bears yet, though.




I have decided to buy a native made parky. (Here in Point Hope they call them Parky's instead of Parka's. Not sure why.) The natives parky's have extra room in the back for their baby's. I have been carrying Ellora in my coat (in the front because I worry about her falling out or smothering) but I think we are going to outgrow it soon and I think she is big enough now to carry her on my back. They lady we asked about it said it could be ready in about a week. I will post pictures when I get it.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about the sick girls...that is so worrisome with not having a dr. or a hospital. I love the new hair for both you and Ellora. Can't wait to see the new coat. Keep me posted on the girls...

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I love Camille's haircut. Next, I'm really excited to see the parky. Finally, I'm so sorry about the girls being sick. Do you have any cough suppressant? Daytime coughing is actually a good thing, and helps prevent pneumonia by circulating air and clearing out junk. But Dr. Valdez told us that a good suppressant at sleeping time will help the child rest and heal too. We have a bottle of Hycodan that we got from Dr. Bennett, and he gave us the dosage amounts for each child. Also, how are the girls acting? Jesse has been sick lately (coughing, fever, runny nose) but he's been playing and acting pretty normal. So I'm not so concerned. I'm not sure if any of this helps, and I sure hope they're doing better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is helpful, Jeni. Thanks. Chalyse seems to be pretty much over it and back to her regular self besides a lingering cough. Ellora is getting better, too. She is still playful and energetic. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete