Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Oh, the weather outside is fightful!

We are getting SO excited to go home to Utah for Christmas! (and to get out of Point Hope for a little while) We leave Friday afternoon and get to SLC Saturday afternoon. We will take 6 different planes and be be traveling for about 24 hours. This is assuming none of our flights get delayed or canceled. We have been hoping for good weather for our trip. Last week was lovely. We were enjoying beautiful clear days in the mid 20s. Today, I'm afraid is a very different story. It has been about -20 all day today and quite windy (20-30 mph) coming from the North. They just issued a wind-chill weather alert. Brr, I'm glad I don't have to go out today. The forecast for Friday is about the same. I know the cold won't stop our flights (at least i don't think it will) but the wind sure will. Especially with the smaller planes. Here's hoping Friday won't be so bad that the planes can't land.

On a lighter note; here is the update on the girls:

Ellora is growing so much lately. We ran out of her size of diapers so she has been wearing Chalyse's. They are a bit too long but fit around the waist about as tight as they do on Chalyse. Of course Chalsye is a little skinny-minny; she thinned out a ton after she started crawling and then even more after walking. I bet Ellora will too. For now, though, I'm glad Ellora is a chub. Besides it being so cute it will help keep her warm.

Chalyse has been calling Ellora "Reese" the last couple of days. I'm pretty sure she gets it from combining Leese (what she calls herself) and Royce (her friend across the hall). I think I like her calling her "bebe" better than some made up name. Hopefully she can find a new nick name for her that sounds more like Ellora.

Chalyse's still loves teasing Mom. Here is an example of her newest way to get under my skin skin. Last night she was supposed to be going to bed. She was still playing around when I came in to put Ellora to bed. When Chalyse realized Ellora was asleep she started screaming. I left quickly because I knew she was just doing it to bug me but it was too late and she had gotten Ellora all worked up. I waited a few minutes to see if Ellora would calm herself down but when she didn't I went in to comfort her. As soon as Ellora was quieted and I started laying her down Chalyse started screaming again. GRR! I knew she was just doing it to make me mad so i quickly left taking Ellora with me this time. We ended up just waiting until Chalyse was asleep before putting Ellora back down.

2 comments:

  1. Having more than one really complicates things. I'm sorry! So fun for you guys to go home! I'm jealous! I'll be praying for good weather for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there....I can't WAIT to see you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete