Sunday, December 6, 2009

No one ever eats the cranberry suace



We had a lot of left over cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving dinner (basically all of it) so we made a yummy dish with it. I was skeptical because i don't usually like fruit on my chicken but it was SO good. Here's the recipe:

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can of cranberry sauce
1 cup of lite mayonnaise
1/2 cup of sour cream
1 cup of ketchup
1 packet of ranch dressing mix

Combine cranberry sauce, mayonnaise, sour cream, ketchup, and dressing mix. Pour over chicken and back at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.

Tom made some bacon and sour cream mashed potatoes and they went really well with the meal.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I think I might have to try this. I have always hated cranberry sauce . . . until recently. My dad suggested that when I cook pork roasts in my crockpot, I spread a can of cranberry sauce over the top. It was truly good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even tell you how much cranberry sauce I have thrown out over the years!!! Thanks for the two ideas, Camille and Jeni!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just in case you were wondering, you can't substitute the cranberry sauce for apple sauce. It was pretty bad...

    ReplyDelete