Friday, November 6, 2009

-25 Degrees

So, yesterday was the coldest day yet. It was 15 degrees (not our coldest air temperature) with a 30 mph wind. After the windchill, that put it at -25. It was definitely cold enough to get your attention. On the bright side, though, we put on most of our gear, and we were a little too warm. I wish that we had our goggles, though, because the area right around our eyes was the only part of our skin not covered.

A crazy side note: many of the natives were still running around in regular coats with no gloves and their faces uncovered. I guess they weren't affected to much by the cold, nor were they worried that -25 is just barely in the temperature range with an increased risk of frostbite (it's possible for your skin to get frostbitten within 1 minute, according to our temperature/wind chill chart).

5 comments:

  1. Sheesh! That's just a little chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew...I won't tell you that we had several 60-70 degree days this last week!!! It is going to cool off to highs of 50s next week!!! I don't think I would ever survive in weather that cold...and it isn't even the coldest time of year....PLEASE be careful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think i could survive in this cold of weather either but it's not too bad. We don't spend long periods of time outside. I am a little worried about the girls when it gets REALLY cold but i think they will be fine too. They have been staying roasty-toasty in their covered stroller and many layers. Just their cheeks get a little cold. When we have extra cold days we will just keep them in. We don't have many places to go anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right now -25 sounds wonderful! I know it's just the pregnancy, but I feel like I'm roasting to death. I had our thermostat set low so it was more comfortable, but the kids were always complaining about the temperature and walking around wrapped up in blankets. John finally told me I had to set the heat higher.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll trade you. I'll send you some of our cold weather and you send us some of your warm weather.

    ReplyDelete