Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Gratitude Remembered

Aside for moderate fatigue and morning sickness I have been feeling pretty good this week. I have to apologize for allowing myself to become so negative these past couple of months. I have been focusing on all the things that were going wrong and was failing to show the proper grateful attitude for the many, many blessings I enjoy in my life.

I am so grateful for the restored gospel and feel incredibly blessed to be a member of the Church or Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am grateful for knowledge of where I came from and who I can aspire to be. I am so very eternally grateful for the atonement performed by the Savior that can redeem me from my faults, and sins. I am grateful for the overwhelming power of prayer. I have had innumerable prayers answered from  small and seeming insignificant ones to life changing help and guidance. 

I am so grateful for my wonderful and serving husband Tom. I am grateful for the modern technology that allows me to be so close to him even though he is so far away. I so am grateful that he cherishes me and loves me eternally. There is no one else in existence that I would rather spend eternity with. I know that I was guided to him by divine power and that I am so blessed to be his wife. I am still trying to figure out what I did to deserve such a wonderful man.

I am grateful for two beautiful daughters and for their fun personalities. I am so grateful for every happy moment they have. I am blessed to be so close to them and watch them as they grow and discover in pure wonder the miraculous word around them. 

I am so very grateful for the sealing power of God that seals me to my family. I know we can be together forever in immense happiness and joy if we but live up to the Lords simple commandments.

I am grateful for the health that I do have and for the ability to care for my daughters most of the time. It is a blessing to be so needed by someone and it bring some of the greatest forms of joy that can be found in this life. 

During this last general conference for the church President Thomas S. Monson gave a great talk entitled The Divine Gift of Gratitude. This would be a perfect time of year to read it with your families and enjoy the words of a living prophet.

3 comments:

  1. I love you so much. Thank you for the post. I'm so lucky to have such a resilient wife who gives so much and cares so much. See you in a week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! I think sometimes it is just really hard to be grateful. I think you're amazing under the circumstance to have been able to take a step back to look at your blessings. Your husband IS amazing, but I think he's every bit as blessed to have you as you are to have him. Thanks for sharing this post. It lifted me tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks soooo much for sharing this post. I am trying to type amide tears...you touched me so deeply. It is soooo sweet to see how much you and Tom love each other. I could not have picked a better wife for him...or husband for you....than what the Lord chose. You are such examples to me of faithfulness. Can't wait till you are together again!!!!

    ReplyDelete