Saturday, December 20, 2008

Hooray for being busy

I love to keep busy and have places to go but the phrase "careful what you wish for" definitely applies this next week. Tomorrow we have a nephew's birthday party to attend, Monday is my little sisters birthday party, Tuesday is my Grandma's Christmas party, Wednesday we are hosting Tom's family's Christmas party, Thursday is Christmas and we are going to dinner at my Mom's house, but it doesn't end there, Friday we go to dinner with my brothers and sisters (as our gift to each other this year we decided to spend some time together doing something fun), and Saturday I am hosting a baby shower for my friend. Now don't get me wrong I am super excited for this next week, plus the only cooking we will be doing is the food assignments for all these parties (toffee, soup, salad, rolls, vegetable trays, dips, punch), I am just glad we got our shopping done early. It will be nice when it is over and we can take a breath.

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. We had three family parties today, and I am completely worn out. I was really excited for them, and they were fun. But now I am excited for the prospect of snuggling under some quilts and sleeping in. OK, really just sleeping until 5:00 or 6:00 when Jesse wakes up. Hope everything goes smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year we are starting to get a little busier again. It's amazing how quiet the holidays are without family around. On one hand, it is oh, so nice to have a quiet Christmas morning and absolutely no obligations. It allows you to really set your own schedule. On the other hand, it sure is wonderful to get together with family - even if it is completely chaotic insanity! - and share the season and our testimonies together. Have fun this week! (sorry for high jacking your blog!)
    PS I love the dinner idea! That is so great. I suppose it wouldn't work for us, but, you know! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete