Saturday, April 24, 2010

Amazing Baby

Ellora is now 9 months old. For Easter the girls got playground balls that are just smaller than a basketball. Yesterday I found Ellora sitting on one of them and bouncing up and down. I was astonished at her ability to balance and couldn't imagine how she had even sat down on it without it falling out from under her. She has been standing in the middle of the floor a lot lately so perhaps she was standing and just accidently sat right on it. I caught her a little while later trying to sit on it again but she couldn't get it right in the middle and slid right off.

Ellora loves to sit on Chalyse's scoot car and does really well even though she is just big enough to reach the top of the wheels to rest her feet on them (it is several more inches to the floor) In the past she has gotten herself down and I couldn't figure out how but yesterday I caught her. She brings her left foot up to the seat so that it is under her bum, then she stands up straight on that one foot on top of the seat so she can move her right foot off the wheels and over the floor. Then she lets her self down until she falls off the seat onto her right foot and brings her left foot down beside it, sill standing. (I think baby's do all kinds of amazing things when we are not looking.)

3 comments:

  1. You are so right there!!! How cute...can't wait to see both girls...and you...and tom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! Will is such a lump. She sounds REALLY coordinated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I just wrote "amazing baby" on Ashley's last post! I am amazed that she can move like that. She's more coordinated than me!

    ReplyDelete